With Easter week upon us, we explore the happy reality of our oneness with Jesus in His death. The staggering effects of Jesus dying our death will reverberate forever. We explore the fall of Adam, and how it impacted humanity. And then we talk about the life-changing work of the New Adam (Jesus) and how He changed Eternity forever! Be equipped to identify with Jesus' death and let go of the sin identity as your defining nature.
"For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous."
Listen to this message -> from Baxter Kruger for some more in depth discovery of our oneness with God.
1. Thank Jesus for becoming a human being and becoming one with you.
2. Grab a pen and paper.
3. Ask Holy Spirit to reveal everything that you have been defining yourself as in the flesh. Where have you been defining and identifying with Adam? These are often identity statements. "I am impatient. I am jealous. I am a bad mom. I am alone. I am negative. I will never succeed..."
4. Write these things out.
5. Go outside. Dig a small hole somewhere in your yard.
6. Bury that piece of paper in the ground. As you do this, picture everything you wrote out into the tomb with Jesus. Picture your old man dying in Him. Now roll a stone over that hole in the ground, and cover it back up with dirt.
7. Thank Jesus for dying as you! Say out loud, "I am no longer defined by the flesh."
8. Meditate on this reality as you celebrate Easter this week.
I'd love to hear your experiences with God as you use this recipe. Tweet @rhythmsofhome with your stories! Or share them in the comments below! -Bon
Download this image and share it with the hashtag #rhythmsofhomepodcast