Safe & Friendly Discovery
We want all to feel at home when part of a discussion in the Rhythms Of Home Family Room. It's our desire to have the Family Room be a safe place to discover and encounter Jesus in the midst of conversation with others. To maintain this focus, please take on the following values as you engage in discussion:
- Weigh in with smart, informed responses that contribute further to the discussion.
- Give us useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know and we will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the kindness, wisdom, intelligence, and humour we know you possess.
- Don't engage with comments that don't meaningfully contribute to the discussion. In order to have a discussion that maintains focus on the question and maintains a respectful atmosphere, refrain from replying to comments that are obviously ill-informed, off-topic, or malicious. Simply downvote and flag those comments instead.
- Here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to mitigate:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog. If you're genuinely interested in partnering with Rhythms Of Home in a marketing capacity, please connect with us using our contact form.
- Impersonating others. Be yourself, and allow others to have their own voice.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the discussion question.
- Comments that are completely off-topic. Sometimes discussions will veer off a bit, but are still related to the original question. That is fine, and often necessary in discovering something new! Taking possession of the conversation to discuss an unrelated subject is not.
- Threats — no matter how vague - against other commenters
- Swearing - Use language that respects all involved in the discussion
- Racism, sexism, or any kind of hate speech
- Comments not contributing meaningfully to the conversation
For people who do not respect these values, we reserve the right to delete thier comments and remove users as needed to keep the discussion threads here loving and substantive.